(Bel Air, MD – August 11, 2009) – With heat index values expected to reach near 105 degrees, the Harford County Department of Community Services is making several senior activity centers available as cooling stations for Harford County residents in need of relief from the heat.
Citizens are welcome to enter the following centers:
– Aberdeen Senior Activity Center, located on Franklin Street in Aberdeen
– Edgewood Senior Activity Center, located on Gateway Drive in Edgewood
– Highland Senior Activity Center, located on Highland Road in Highland
– Havre de Grace Activities Center, located on Lewis Lane in Havre de Grace
– McFaul Activities Center, located on MacPhail Road in Bel Air
The centers will be open effective immediately and will stay open through 4:00 PM today, August 11, and will be open tomorrow, Wednesday, August 12 from 8:30 AM until 4 PM.
Leave a Reply