An electrical malfunction in the garage of a Forest Hill home Wednesday morning ignited fumes from a nearby gas container and started a fire that caused an estimated $20,000 worth of damage.
At about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday a neighbor in the 700 block of Annatana Drive in Forest Hill saw a flash and smoke coming from the owner’s garage shortly before a fire broke out. The Maryland State Fire Marshal has determined preliminarily that an electrical malfunction within an outlet sparked nearby gas fumes in the garage and started the blaze.
Twenty-five firefighters from Bel Air, Fallston, and Abingdon responded to the single-alarm blaze and were able to control the fire within 10 minutes. The fire caused an estimated $15,000 to the two-story, single family dwelling and another $5,000 in damage to the contents of the home.
No one was injured in the fire. A smoke alarm was present.