Unattended Candle May Have Sparked Abingdon Townhouse Fire

An unattended candle may be to blame for a fire that spread through an Abingdon townhouse Wednesday afternoon, causing tens of thousands of dollars in damage and possibly claiming the life of a family pet. Just after 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, emergency personnel were dispatched to the 3400 block of Tree Frog Court in Abingdon […]

Occupants Escape, Cats Perish in Jarrettsville House Fire

A Jarrettsville couple were able to escape through the basement after the house in which they resided caught fire early Tuesday morning, but a number of pets living in the home were not as fortunate. Just before 3 a.m. Tuesday morning, emergency personnel were dispatched to the 3900 block of Norrisville Road in Jarrettsville for […]

Coiled Extension Cord Sparks Fire in Edgewood Home

An extension cord coiled beneath a mattress is being blamed as the cause of a fire that caused an estimated $20,000 in damage to an Edgewood home on Monday. Just after midnight on Monday, emergency personnel were dispatched to the 600 block of Pier Drive in Edgewood for a reported dwelling fire in a two-story, […]

Harford County Health Department Encourages Participation in Great American Smokeout

From the Harford County Health Department: The Harford County Health Department joins public health organizations around the state and throughout the nation encouraging smokers to take part in the American Cancer Society Great American Smokeout (GASO) event on November 17th. The annual event challenges people not to smoke cigarettes for 24 hours, hoping their decision […]

Abingdon Man Ignites House, Self After Spilling Fuel on Fire

An Abingdon man sustained serious burns this week after he accidentally spilled fuel into the fireplace, igniting a house fire and himself in the process. Just before 10:30 pm on Wednesday, emergency personnel were dispatched to the 3600 block of Wolf Trail Drive in Abingdon for a reported dwelling fire with burn injury. The owner […]