An early Monday morning blaze on Grant Street in Aberdeen caused $25,000 in damages but resulted in no injuries, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Northeast Regional Office.
Authorities responded shortly after midnight Monday morning to the Grant Street home of Jodi L. Adams. According to the state fire marshal, a malfunction in a window air conditioning unit in the home’s front bedroom sparked the fire, which was reported and mostly extingushed by a neighbor prior to fire units arriving. Adams was not home at the time.
More than a dozen firefighters from the Aberdeen, APG, and Level fire companies responded to the blaze, which was brought under control in about 10 minutes.
Damages to the structure were estimated at $20,000, according to the fire marshal, with an additional $5,000 in damages to the home’s contents.
Leave a Reply