From Harford County government:
Harford County Executive David R. Craig and the Division of Agriculture are reminding Harford’s families that “Buying Local” this holiday season starts with a visit to one of the county’s Christmas tree farms.
Harford County tree farms offer many varieties of high-quality pine, fir, and spruce. You can either choose-and-cut your own tree in the field, or select one that has already been cut.
Most of the farms offer other products such as wreaths, holiday crafts, baked goods, and refreshments. Some farms also have petting zoos, hayrides, and train rides. Even Santa Claus himself has been known to visit a few of these farms on occasion.
“There is no better time of the year to ‘Buy Local’ than during the holiday season,” remarked County Executive Craig. “Our tree farms offer not only a wide variety of Christmas trees and holiday decorations, but they also provide fun activities and family memories that will last a lifetime. I encourage Harford County families to support our farming community by making a trip to one of our Christmas tree farms as part of their holiday plans.”
Harford County’s Christmas tree farms include:
• Applewood Farm, 4435 Prospect Rd., Whiteford, ApplewoodFarm.org;
• Deer Creek Valley Farm, 3744 Ady Rd., Street, 410-452-9793;
• Environmental Evergreens, 3631 Berkley Rd., Darlington, 410-457-4766;
• Evergreen Farm, 4219 Webster Rd, Havre de Grace, EvergreenFarmInc.com;
• Family Tree Farm, 2917 Churchville Rd., Churchville, 410-734-7702;
• Hale Tree Farm, 4827 Norrisville Rd., White Hall, HaleTreeFarm.com;
• Hickory Hill Tree Farm, 3123 Copenhaver Rd, Street, TheHickoryHillFarm.com;
• Jarrettsville Nurseries, 4302 St. Clair Bridge Rd., Jarrettsville, JNTrees.com;
• Jones Family Farm, (Two locations) 2100 Philadelphia Rd., Edgewood, & 3500 Prospect Rd., Street, JonesProduceFarm.com;
• Rock Hollow Farm, 4105 Federal Hill Rd., Jarrettsville, 410-692-5575
The Division of Agriculture is encouraging Harford Countians in search of the perfect tree to contact each individual farm to find out the varieties of trees available and for hours of operation. For more information on agriculture in Harford County, visit www.HarfordFarms.com.
Harford County says
Del Haven Farmers Market located @ 809 Conowingo Road in Bel Air, convenient from anywhere and fabulous selection of locally grown trees
Where were the trees at Del Haven grown? I live in Bel Air and am looking for a tree and want to buy local.
Harford County says
All trees are locally grown in Jarrettsville and were just cut less then a week ago.