A trio of fires, one intentionally lit, have kept Harford County responders busy in recent days.
According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s office, just before 4 p.m. on Thursday an unknown person or persons intentionally lit paper combustibles inside the entryway of an apartment building at Hickory Hill Condominiums on Crocker Drive in Bel Air. The fire was out by the time 20 firefighters from the Bel Air and Abington fire departments and members of the Bel Air Police Department arrived, and damage to the building was estimated at $50.
Anyone with information related to the incident is asked to contact the State Fire Marshal’s Office at 410-836-4844.
Also on Thursday afternoon, an overloaded extension cord caused a fire in an attached garage of a home at 2804 Keale Way in Edgewood. A total of 30 firefighters from the Abingdon, Joppa-Magnolia, and Aberdeen Proving Ground fire departments brought the fire under control in approximately 10 minutes. The fire caused an estimated $5,000 in damage to the structure and $2,000 in damage to its contents.
On Wednesday afternoon, a malfunctioning wood stove triggered a blaze in a wood frame barn located at 513 Trimble Road in Joppa. The fire was brought under control in approximately 30 minutes by 20 firefighters from the Joppa, Aberdeen Proving Ground, and Kingsville fire departments. Damage to the structure was estimated at $10,000.
Leave a Reply