Early Morning Forest Hill House Fire Under Investigation

Fire officials are continuing their investigation into a fire which severely damaged a Forest Hill home early Monday morning. The fire was reported by a passerby at a two-story home in the 300 block of Bynum Road at approximately 1:18 a.m. Monday morning, according to a release from the Office of the State Fire Marshal. […]

Harford County Sheriff Gahler Announces New Policies on Domestic Violence Incidents

Harford County Sheriff Jeffrey Gahler on Wednesday announced a major overhaul to Harford County Sheriff’s Office policies on the handling of domestic violence cases, expansions he said are intended to prevent escalation of domestic altercations into violent incidents. While the new policies were officially announced this week, deputies have been working under a version of […]

Small Fire in Abandoned Abingdon Trailer Under Investigation

Fire officials are investigating a small fire which damaged an abandoned Abingdon trailer home Sunday afternoon. A passerby reported seeing smoke coming from the trailer, located in the 2800 block of Philadelphia Road, shortly before 4 p.m. Sunday, according to a release from the Office of the State Fire Marshal. A total of 35 firefighters […]

Vacant Edgewood Townhome Damaged in Accidental Fire

A vacant Edgewood townhome sustained serious damage in an accidental fire Tuesday morning, according to fire officials. The blaze was reported by a neighbor in the basement of a two-story townhome in the 1000 block of Agate Court in Edgewood at approximately 5:19 a.m. Tuesday, according to a release from the Office of the State […]

Man Sustains Serious Burns to Hands in Abingdon Fire Pit Accident

A man sustained severe burns to both hands after accidentally falling into a fire pit at an Abingdon residence early Saturday morning, fire officials said. The injury occurred at approximately 2:14 a.m. Saturday in the 3100 block of Thornapple Court in Abingdon, according to a release from the Office of the State Fire Marshal. 32-year-old […]

Cat Rescued from Joppa Townhome Fire

A cat was rescued from an accidental fire which broke out in a Joppa townhome Friday afternoon. The fire was reported just after 3 p.m. in the living room of a townhome in the 1200 block of Plaza Circle in Joppa, according to a release from the Office of the State Fire Marshal. A total […]

Accidental Fire Damages Bel Air Church

An accidental fire damaged a Bel Air-area church Wednesday night, according to fire officials. The fire was reported by an automated alarm in the stairwell of Clarks United Methodist Church in the 2000 block of Kalmia Road shortly after 8:15 p.m. Wednesday, according to a statement from the Office of the State Fire Marshal. A […]