From Harford County Public Schools:
The Harford County Public School System, as well as 23 other public school systems in the state, will participate in the 2011-12 Maryland Teacher of the Year program. As in the past, any full-time classroom, resource or media teacher who spends the majority of their time teaching is eligible; guidance counselors are ineligible to participate. Teachers who intend to retire during 2011-12 are not eligible to be Teacher of the Year. Only the candidate who is chosen as the 2011-12 HCPS Teacher of the Year will be required to complete the state entry forms for the Maryland Teacher of the Year award.
– Completed nomination packets are due to the Harford County Public School System Central O?ce by 4:00 p.m. on March 4, 2011. Forms and documentation should be sent or delivered to Manager of Communications, 102 S. Hickory Avenue. All nomination materials (application, resume and essay) must be presented at one time.
– Each candidate must have completed a minimum of FIVE years teaching experience in the Harford County Public School System by January 2011.
– Nominations may be self-submitted or may be submitted by administrators, parents, colleagues, students, or others. Nominations should be made without regard to age, sex, race, religion, disability, or national origin.
– The key factor in the nomination is the description of outstanding qualities that make an individual a “model” educator and member of the community. When completing the nomination form, be sure to include speci?c examples of the candidate’s impact on students, other teachers, and the community.
– Harford County’s Teacher of the Year holds a prominent position as the county’s education spokesperson and is the county’s candidate for Maryland Teacher of the Year. He/she represents fellow teachers and will work with education and community leaders to a?ect change.
For more details and a complete nomination packet, visit the Harford County Public Schools (HCPS) website, www.hcps.org. Be sure to nominate the phenomenal teacher in your life! This year’s Teacher of the Year Banquet will be held April 28th at 6:00 p.m. at the Bayou Restaurant in Havre de Grace.