From Harford County Public Schools:
The Board of Education of Harford County met in an open business meeting on Monday, June 13, 2011, in the Board Room of the HCPS/A.A. Roberty Building and took the following the actions or received the following presentations:
Recognized the following:
– Removed the Decision on the Copier Contract from the Consent Agenda to allow for discussion and background on the process regarding changing the provider.
Following discussion, the contract was awarded to Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. in the amount of $1,902,399.60.
– Approved the Consent Agenda with the extraction of the Decision of the Copier Contract:
– Affirmation of Monthly Contract Awards
– Monthly Report on Personnel
– Minutes of Previous Meetings:
May 23, 2011
May 26, 2011
– Resolution OPEB Investment Trust Agreement
– Decision on Computer Refresh Equipment
– Decision on Manufacturer Direct Food Products
– Publicly recognized the recent staff promotions and appointments that were approved at the May 26th Special Board meeting.
– Approved three individuals for promotions and appointments:
– Mr. Bradley A. Palmer to Supervisor of Compensatory Education from Acting Supervisor of Compensatory Education and former Assistant Supervisor of Compensatory Education
– Mr. Howard E. Eakes to Assistant Supervisor of Science from Assistant Principal, Bakerfield Elementary School
– Ms. Mary E. Gernand to Assistant Principal 12-Month, John Archer School, from Secondary Special Education Teacher Specialist
– Approved the decision on earning high school elective credit for mathematics courses taken in middle school. The decision allows for an elective high school credit to be awarded for Algebra I and Geometry taken in middle school. The goal is to increase the opportunity for students to take six or even seven years of math at the high school level.
– Approved the amended FY2012 Budget.
– Received a presentation on the work of the Benefits Advisory Committee for the 2010-11 school year.