From the Office of the State Fire Marshal:
HARFORD COUNTY, MD (July 12, 2011) – An extensive joint investigation by the Office of the State Fire Marshal and the Harford County Sheriff’s Office has revealed no evidence of foul play was involved with the fatal fire on February 23, 2011 at 1212 Kirby Circle in Bel Air, MD.
The victim, Kathleen M. Ellis, 44, died from smoke inhalation after bedding materials were ignited by a lit cigarette. Harford County Sheriff’s Deputies were the first to arrive on scene and located Ms. Ellis in an unconscious state in a second floor bedroom. Deputies quickly removed her from the home and initiated CPR as units responded to the scene from the Bel Air and Abingdon fire departments. She was transported in critical condition to Upper Chesapeake Medical Center where she succumbed to her injuries on the following day.
Leave a Reply