From the Havre de Grace Recreation Committee:
Our largest crowd ever with almost 400 contestants and many more spectators attended last night’s Havre de Grace Recreation Committee’s Annual Halloween Costume Parade. Entertainment was provided by M.C. Productions Deejay Mark Hemler and the Havre de Grace Drama Guild’s Youth Troop who dance to “They’re Coming to Take Me Away” and “The Monster Mash” and then lead the crowd in “The Cupid Shuffle” and “The Cha-Cha Slide” before the winners were announced.
Every child in a costume received a prize from the Recreation Committee and the opportunity to select a free comic book from the vintage game and candy store “Just For Fun” at 464 Franklin Street. Prizes were also offered by the Aberdeen Hair Cuttery in numerous gift bags.
Judges were Brigitte Peters of the HDG Tourism Office, Samantha Marcum of Aberdeen Hair Cuttery, Steve Schnur of “Just For Fun”. Bobby Parker of Booby Parker Photography and Captain Wayne Young of the Havre de Grace Police Department.
Special thanks to Rodney Swam, Tom Barnes, Jim Nemeth, Joe Kochenderfer, Jackie Davies, Peter Green, Phil Barker, Jay Narvell, John Narvell, Mayor Wayne Dougherty and County Executive David Craig for their support.
Here are the winners:
14. Pirate Family-134 The Correll Family of Abingdon, MD
13. Headless Girl-156 Maggie Malin of Havre de Grace
12. Disney Family-351 Tolson Family of Bel Air
11. Twin Girls-245 Addison and Delaney Osborn of Havre de Grace
10. Spy vs. Spy-144 Ambyr Hodges and Timm Huhn ofHavre de Grace
9. Mona Lisa-213 Janet Grainger of Havre de Grace
8. Dragons-310 Wyatt and Dylan Jansen of Delta, PA
7. The Gumball Machine-235 Karlea Ewing of North East, MD
6. The Smurfs-250 The Mentzer, Vincenti, and Granger Families of Havre de Grace
5. Popeye -5 Kaitlyn, Natalie, and Jacob Jones of Aberdeen
4. The World Cup-185 Andrew Levis of BelAir
3. Finding Nemo-288 The King Family of Fallston
2. The Monopoly Game-182-14 members of the Soul, Milburn, and 2 Hoover families of Aberdeen
1. Grand Prize Winner-244 Italian Chef and Spaghetti Plate-244 Robert, Cainan, and Kendra Fisher, and Marianne Pryer of Havre de Grace
Scott Schnur says
Scott Schnur from Just For Fun, not Steve.