The state fire marshal’s office has ruled the cause of a weekend fire which heavily damaged a home on Washington Street in Aberdeen to be accidental.
Fire officials said the blaze began when an electric wall-mounted heater ignited a bed mattress in the home.
The fire was reported at approximately 12:20 p.m. by the owner of a home on the 400 block of Washington Street in Aberdeen, according to the state fire marshal’s office. The blaze began in the basement of the home, and was brought under control in about 20 minutes by 30 firefighters from the Aberdeen, Aberdeen Proving Ground, and Susquehanna Hose Company fire departments.
Damage to the home was estimated at $100,000 and damages to its contents were estimated at $10,000.
Leave a Reply