The Havre de Grace City Council will introduce an ordinance Monday night which would rescind and replace the entire rental property section of the City Code.
Susquehanna Hose Company President Charles Packard will present the company’s State of the Union address and Brigitte Peters and John Butler will make a presentation regarding the American Flag Foundation.
Also Monday night, the city council is expected to reappointment Bruce Clarke and Ronald Browning to the Tourism Advisory Board, approve amendments to the event schedule for the Main Street Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting 2011, and approve the Susquehanna Hose Company Duck Dunk on January 20, 2012.
The city council will also recognize Students of the Month Bridget Tramontana of Meadowvale Elementary; Micah Jacobs of Havre de Grace Elementary; Samantha Beck of Havre de Grace Middle; and David Beck of Havre de Grace High.
The meeting begins at 7 p.m. in City Hall.
The full agenda is listed below:
COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
November 7, 2011
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Opening Prayer by: Father Bill Burt, St. John’s Episcopal Church
5. Approval of the Minutes: October 17, 2011
A. Student of the Month: (Presented by Mayor Dougherty)
1. Meadowvale Elementary: Bridget Tramontana
2. Havre de Grace Elementary: Micah Jacobs
3. Havre de Grace Middle: Samantha Beck
4. Havre de Grace High: David Beck
7. Proclamations: None
A. Ms. Brigitte Peters and Mr. John Butler (American Flag Foundation)
B. President Charles Packard (Susquehanna Hose Company, State of the Union)
A. Reappointments to the Tourism Advisory Board (Councilmember Wagner)
1. Mr. Bruce Clarke
2. Mr. Ronald Browning
10. Oath of Office: None
11. Comments from Citizens on Agenda Items:
12. Resolutions: None
13. Ordinances: An ordinance concerning rental property (Councilmember Miller)
AN ORDINANCE BY THE MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL OF HAVRE DE GRACE, MARYLAND PURSUANT TO ARTICLE 23A OF THE ANNOTATED CODE OF MARYLAND ARTICLE 66B OF THE ANNOTATED CODE OF MARYLAND, AND SECTION 34 OF THE HAVRE DE GRACE CITY CHARTER RESCINDING THE CURRENT RENTAL PROPERTY CODE IN CHAPTER 147 OF THE CITY CODE AND REPLACING IT IN ITS ENTIRETY.
14. Unfinished Business/Old Business: None
15. New Business:
A. Special Events: (Presented by Ms. Shyla Glassman)
1. Amendment to Mainstreet Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting 2011
2. Susquehanna Hose Company Duck Dunk; January 20, 2012
16. Director’s Report:
A. Ms. Carol Mathis – Director of Administration
B. Mr. Neal Mills-Director of Planning
C. Mr. George DeHority-Director of Finance
D. Mr. Larry Parks – Director of Public Works
E. Chief Teresa Walter- Police Department
17. Business from Mayor Dougherty:
18. Business from Council:
A. Councilmember Wagner:
B. Councilmember Correri
C. Councilmember Miller:
D. Councilmember Cullum:
E. Councilmember Craig:
19. Business from Council President Martin:
20. Comments from Citizens