From the Bel Air Downtown Alliance:
BEL AIR, MD – November 15, 2011: The hustle and bustle of the holidays is well underway and the Bel Air Downtown Alliance invites you to join them for the *Holidays On Main* in Downtown Bel Air!
This year, the Bel Air Downtown Alliance and its members are also encouraging you to join them and The 3/50 Project to *Keep The Cheer Here* by supporting your local business community this holiday season.
Every year, the *Holidays On Main* kicks off with the *Annual Open House Weekend* in Downtown Bel Air with all of the shops anbd boutiques launching into the holiday shopping season with extended store hours, promotions, activities, and decorating their stores with holiday flair. This year’s *Open House Weekend* coincided with the Town of Bel Air and the Harford County Historical Society’s Veteran’s Day celebrations last weekend, November 10th-13th. It was a fun-filled weekend with tons of activities and plenty of cheer for the whole family, including the Bel Air Downtown Alliance’s *Birthday Bash* at Rockfield Manor. However, the fun is just starting and the *Holidays On Main* still has plenty of events, promotions, and fun to offer this holiday season! Most importantly, this year’s *Holidays On Main* is also celebrating The 3/50 Project’s *Keep The Cheer Here*.
*Keep The Cheer Here* is a call to action to everyone in and around Downtown Bel Air asking them to support their local community this holiday season. From shopping and dining to events and charity giving, *Keep The Cheer Here* asks
you to start in your local community. When you spend in your local community, nearly 70% of the money stays in the local community compared to less than 40% when you spend at a national retailer or 0% when you buy online.
*Keep The Cheer Here* encourages you to think about what you can spend locally to help support your neighbors. Can you buy most or a portion of your gift list from local shops and boutiques? Have you considered gift certificates to local salons and spas? What about local service businesses? Can the office holiday party be held at or catered by one of your local pubs or restaurants? Can your annual donation be made to a local nonprofit to help local families in need? The *Holidays On Main* in Downtown Bel Air provides a variety of activities that will help you *Keep The Cheer
Here* this holiday season. Plus, American Express, Google, Facebook, Twitter, and so many more are encouraging every American to “*shop small*” on *Saturday, November 26th* for the *2nd Annual Small Business Saturday*.
Take a look at all of the excitement happening in Downtown Bel Air…Be A Part Of It!
– Thursday, November 17th: *Girls Night Out*, 5pm-8pm, Shops and Boutiques Open Late; Many Shops and Boutiques Donating 10% of Their Sales to *Cheasapeake Cancer Alliance* (CCA)/*Cancer LifeNet*: *The Pink Silhouette*, *Hair Design*, *The Whitehouse Trading Co.*. *Peace Yoga*, *Lavalier*, *HeartBeat*, *B. Fabulous*, and *NVS Salon & Spa*.
– Wednesday, November 23rd: Bel Air’s Best UNOFFICIAL Holiday…*Thanksgiving Eve*; Enjoy Drink and Food Specials All Night Long at Our Local Pubs and Restaurants
– Friday, November 25th: *Black Friday*; Carolers on Main with Harford Choral Society, 1-3pm; *CCA’s Festival of Trees Wine Down Preview Party & Social*, 5-8pm at Bel Air Armory ($10 before event, $15 at the door).
-Saturday, November 26th: *CCA’s Festival of Trees* and *Toys for Tots* Donation Drop Off, 10am-6pm at Bel Air Armory
– Saturday, November 26th: *Small Business Saturday*. Enjoy *OUTRAGEOUS* promotions at Many of Our Shops, Boutiques, Retailers, Pubs, Restaurants, Salons, and Spas
– Sunday, November 27th: *CCA’s Festival of Trees*, 10am-4pm at Bel Air Armory *Special Note*: Bring your *CCA Festival of Trees* ticket stub to *Buontempo Brothers*, *Main Street Tower*, *Darkhorse Saloon*, *Looney’s Pub*, *MaGerk’s Pub & Grill*
– Friday, December 2nd: *Shopping After Dark* with Shops and Boutiques Open ’til 8pm; Carolers on Main with Harford Choral Society, 6-7:30pm; *Toys for Tots* donation Drop Off, 5-8pm at Bel Air Armory.
– Sunday, December 4th: *Annual Bel Air Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting*, 2:30pm-5:30pm
– Sunday, December 11th: *Sunday Shopping* in Downtown Bel Air with Special Store Hours
– Thursday, December 15th: *Girls Night Out* and Carolers on Main with Harford Choral Society, 5-8pm, Shops and Boutiques Open Late
– Friday, December 16th: *1st Annual Holiday Movie Night* with “Elf”, Starring Will Farrell, 6-9pm; Admission is FREE, Popcorn for $1.00; Christmas Carols, 6-7pm; Bring a New, Unwrapped Toy for Toys for Tots to Receive FREE Popcorn.
– Friday, December 23rd – Saturday, December 24th: *Shop ’til You Drop* with Last Minute Shopping Promotions at Our Shops and Boutiques
So from all of us in Downtown Bel Air, have a safe and happy holiday season!
For More Information: Scott T. Walker, Executive Director, Bel Air Downtown Alliance, 443-823-1797, firstname.lastname@example.org