From the Harford County Board of Education:
The Board of Education of Harford County met in an open business meeting on Monday, November 21, 2011, in the Board Room of the HCPS/A.A. Roberty Building and took the following the actions or received the following presentations:
Recognized the following:
– HCPS Educator Hall of Fame – Deborah J. Heiberger, Ed.D.
– 2011-12 Simon A. McNeely Award Winners: Ashley Bowker, Courtney Cullison, Mark Puckett
– 2011-12 Maryland Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance Emerging Leader Award Winners: Tara Buecker, Ryan Zimmerman, Wendy Feight
– Maryland State Demonstration School: Ring Factory Elementary School
– 2011 Maryland Center for Character Education School of the Year Award: Bakerfield Elementary School
Approved the Consent Agenda:
– Monthly Report on Personnel, Tenure Recommendations
– Approval of Memorandum of Understanding with Bargaining Units Regarding Distribution Stipend
– School Psychology Week
– Inclusive Schools Week
– International Education Month
– Retiring Employees
Decision on Contracts:
– Havre de Grace High School HVAC System Replacement Phase II, Bid Tab Sheet, List of Alternates
– Architectural/Engineering Services William Paca/Old Post Elementary School HVAC Upgrades
– Architectural/Engineering Services Youth’s Benefit Elementary Primary Building Air Conditioning Installation Project
– Architectural/Engineering Services Jarrettsville Elementary School Comprehensive HVAC Systemic Replacement Project
– Architectural/Engineering Services Havre de Grace High School Site Master Planning and Scope Study Services
– Architectural/Engineering Services Havre de Grace High School Comprehensive Design Services Stadium Upgrades
– Playground Equipment for William S. James Elementary School
– Fleet Vehicles
– Parking Lot Resurfacing Project at the Hickory Annex Facility
Decision on Audit Committee Charter Revisions, Audit Committee Charter of the Board of Education of Harford County
Approved the FY2013 Capital Improvement Program Amendments to increase the Capital request to the state to $11,004,000 and to remove the HVAC project at Norrisville Elementary School from the request as a result of information received from the state that the school was not eligible for state funding because the state does not fund improvements to school facilities that have not been in service for more than 15 years. The Board also approved the utilization of the balance of the increased request of $971,644 for Textbook Refresh. View the FY2013 CIP Summary and Worksheets for details.
Adopted the 2012 Legislative Platform.
Approved Ms. Renee A. McNally to serve a five year term on the Board’s Ethics Panel in order to fill the vacancy created by the expiration of Dr. David F. Jaffe’s term on November 26, 2011.
Received the 1st Quarter 2012 Financial Report.
Received a presentation on the 2011 Enrollment and Projections and the Superintendent’s Report on Enrollment and Capacity.
Received the Superintendent’s Report which:
Recognized and thanked parents/grandparents/guardians for visiting their child’s school during American Education Week last week. There were more than 28,574 visitors to Harford County Public Schools last week which is an increase of over 1,500 visitors from last year.
Recognized Mr. Jeff Fradel, senior manager of staff relations, for receiving the Bryce and Shirley Phillips Best Practice Award from the Association of School Business Officials for the Site-based Human Resources Management Course.
Mr. Chris Cook, principal at Prospect Mill Elementary School, climbed to the roof for the PTSA fundraising efforts. He slept in his sleeping bag on the roof of the school to support his students.
Leave a Reply