A Bel Air home was damaged in an accidental fire which broke out Monday afternoon, fire officials said.
The fire was reported at approximately 12:45 p.m. by the owner of a home on the 900 block of Moores Mill Road in Bel Air. A total of 30 firefighters from the Bel Air, Fallston, and Abingdon fire companies brought the blaze under control in about 10 minutes.
According to the state fire marshal’s office, the fire began in the home’s living room and was traced back to hot embers from a fireplace which ignited nearby combustible material. Damage to the home is estimated at $20,000, and damages to its contents are estimated at $10,000.