From Maryland State Police:
UPDATE: HIT AND RUN VEHICLE SOUGHT AFTER INJURING HARFORD COUNTY WOMEN
On September 3, 2012, at 8:01 p.m., Troopers from the Maryland State Police – Bel Air Barrack responded to a “hit and run” motor vehicle collision involving a pedestrian on Conowingo Road (U.S 1) at Conowingo Road (Bus. 1).
On September 4, 2012 at approximately 10 a.m., investigators responded to the 300 block of Bynum Road, Forest Hill, Harford County, Maryland in reference to information in the “hit and run” motor vehicle collision, which occurred on September 3, 2012.
Investigators form the Bel Air Barrack Criminal Investigation Section received a phone call from the operator of the striking vehicle, who has been identified as Jennifer Helen Brooks, age 52, of Forest Hill, Maryland. Investigators interviewed Brooks and learned she was operating a light blue 1997 Lincoln Town car at the time of the collision. Through the interview it was learned Brooks had been consuming alcohol at Jimmy’s Old School Tavern located at 3403 Conowingo Road Street, Maryland just prior to the collision. Investigators located the vehicle at the residence and observed damage to the passenger side of the vehicle and mirror. Alcohol was a contributing factor in the accident.
After consulting with the States Attorney’s Office the suspect was charged with the following:
– Driving under the influence
– Driving while impaired
– Failure to immediately stop vehicle at scene of accident involving bodily injury
– Failure to immediately return and remain at scene of accident involving bodily injury
– Failure of driver involved in accident to render reasonable assistance to injured person
– Operating an unregistered motor vehicle
– Negligent Driving
– Reckless Driving
– Along with several other vehicle violation
This case has been closed by arrest