From Harford County Public Schools:
In an effort to disseminate information to Harford County eighth graders and their parents about educational opportunities for high school, HCPS will be hosting a series of evening informational presentations within the county beginning in September. The objective of these meetings is to allow parents and students to take an introductory look at the magnet programs, located at four specific schools, which are available to students throughout Harford County. The Science and Mathematics Academy (SMA) at Aberdeen High School, the Global Studies/International Baccalaureate Programme (GS/IB) at Edgewood High School, the Natural Resources and Agricultural Science Program (NRAS) at North Harford High School, and the 19 career programs at Harford Technical High School (HTHS) in Bel Air will be showcased. The schedule for the evening presentations is as follows:
· Sept. 19 – North Harford High School
· Sept. 27 – Aberdeen High School
· Oct.4 – Harford Technical High School
· Oct. 10 – Edgewood High School
Presentations will begin at 6:30 p.m. Parents and students may choose to attend any of the presentations, regardless of their districted attendance area.
Open Houses for each of the magnet programs will be held as follows:
· Oct. 25 – Natural Resources and Agricultural Sciences Program at North Harford High School, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
· Nov. 1 – Global Studies/International Baccalaureate Programme at Edgewood High School, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
· Nov. 8 – Harford Technical High School, 5:30 to 8:00 p.m.
· Nov. 15 – Science and Mathematics Academy at Aberdeen High School, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Attendance at the open house is not required for application or admission to any magnet program. Applications to each of the magnet programs will be available at www.hcps.org.