An accidental fire which began in an outdoor fireplace and breached the interior of a White Hall home caused an estimated $35,000 in damage to the structure Monday afternoon, fire officials said.
The fire was reported just before 4 p.m. at a one-story home on the 2800 block of Church Lane West in White Hall, according to the State Fire Marshal’s Office. Teenage boys who lived at the home were burning wood and leaves in the outdoor fireplace and discovered smoke coming from an interior electrical outlet.
A total of 28 firefighters from the Norrisville, Fawn Grove, Stuartstown, Jarrettsville, and Whiteford fire companies brought the blaze under control in about 30 minutes. Investigators discovered the outdoor fire breached the masonry wall and entered the wall of the home, where it was contained.
Damage to the home is estimated at $25,000, and damages to its contents are estimated at $10,000. The home’s residents are being assisted by friends.