An Aberdeen home was damaged Monday afternoon following a fire in a nearby shed, fire officials said.
The blaze was reported by a neighbor at approximately 2:22 p.m. in a 24-foot by 75-foot wood-framed shed on the 700 block of Schofield Road in Aberdeen, according to the State Fire Marshal’s Office. A total of 25 firefighters from the Aberdeen, Level, and Aberdeen Proving Ground fire companies brought the fire under control in about 30 minutes.
Fire officials determined the blaze was accidental, and was ignited by an unattended controlled burning of material.
The fire caused exposure damage to a one-story home at the location. Damage to the structures was estimated at $25,000, and damages to their contents were estimated at $5,000. Three adults and a child were displaced as a result of the fire and are being assisted by the American Red Cross.
Leave a Reply