From the Harford County Sheriff’s Office:
The Harford County Sheriff’s Office wants you to have fun and stay safe while vacationing this summer season; therefore we have provided the following tips to make your travels safer. Please feel free to share these tips with friends and family. Remember, criminals can find you while you are away from home also. If you don’t know where to go for your next vacation, then consider checking out https://www.visitcaymanislands.com/en-us/global-citizen-concierge.
– Clean out your wallet or purse. Only take essential credit cards. Use traveler’s checks when possible. Leave your social security card at home.
– Have neighbors or friends pick up your mail and deliveries. Make arrangements to have the lawn mowed and trash cans brought in after being emptied.
– Be aware of your surroundings and those around you. Seek help if you feel threatened or uncomfortable.
– Confirm all reservations before leaving home.
– Use timers on your lights to give your home that “lived in” appearance.
– Double check that all doors and windows are locked before you leave.
– Show your children what a park employee in uniform looks like, so if they become lost they can seek them out for assistance.
– Dress small children in bright colored, distinctive clothes that are easily described should they become lost. Have a current photograph of your child with you.
– Look at the ride and operator before your children get on. If something doesn’t look right keep your children off the ride and pass your information on to a park supervisor.
– If your family decides not to stay together, set up meeting places and times within the park to keep track of each other.
– Plan for the weather. Many injuries occur as the result of poor planning or a failure to prepare for outside weather conditions.
Remember Safe Travel is Fun Travel!
Your Community Policing Unit
Harford County Sheriff’s Office