A Bel Air townhome was damaged in a Saturday afternoon fire traced to an electrical problem with a fan, fire officials said.
A neighbor discovered the fire in the bedroom of a two-story townhome on the 900 block of Hillswood Road in Bel Air shortly after 12 p.m. on Saturday, according to a release from the State Fire Marshal’s Office. A total of 50 firefighters from the Bel Air, Abingdon, Fallston, and Aberdeen fire companies brought the blaze under control in about 30 minutes.
Damage to the structure was estimated at $50,000 while damage to its contents was estimated at $10,000, according to the State Fire Marshal’s Office. The fire was ruled accidental, and was traced to an electrical malfunction in a pedestal fan. The home’s owner is being assisted by Harford County Disaster Assistance and the Red Cross.
Leave a Reply