From the Harford County Board of Education:
The Board of Education of Harford County met for an open business meeting at 6:30 p.m., on Monday, August 12, 2013, in the Board Room of the HCPS/A.A. Roberty Building and took the following actions and received the following presentations:
Received a presentation regarding the budget development process for the FY14 operating budget. The presentation was delivered by Chief of Administration Joe Licata and Assistant Superintendent of Business Services Jim Jewell. The presentation will be posted to the homepage of the school system website on Tuesday morning.
Received a presentation by Mr. Ryan Burbey, president of the Harford County Education Association.
Approved the Consent Agenda:
– Minutes of Previous Board Business Meeting: July 29, 2013
– Decision on School/Organization Sponsored Project: Jarrettsville Elementary School – Expansion of Existing Restrooms at Jarrettsville Recreation Complex
Approved the following policy deletion recommendations:
– Absence of Principal (POLICY NO. 06-0001-000)
– Emergency Procedure of Public Schools (POLICY NO. 06-0002-000)
– Management of Do Not Resuscitate Orders (POLICY NO. 06-0003-000)
– Student Control and Classroom Management (POLICY NO. 06-0004-000)
Received a presentation on the FY2015 Capital Improvement Program. The Board is seeking input at this time regarding the CIP budget. You may submit your comments to
Approved the following promotions and appointments:
– Mr. Robert M. Limpert to Supervisor of Business, Technology, and Magnet Programs
– Ms. Laurie A. Namey to Supervisor of Equity and Cultural Proficiency
– Mr. Mark P. Warfield to William Paca/Old Post Road Elementary School, Assistant Principal, 12-month
– Mr. Joseph P. Connolly, Fallston High School, to Assistant Principal 10-month Secondary (High School) pool
– Mr. James T. Lamb, Edgewood High School, to Assistant Principal 10-month pool
– Ms. Stacey L. Zengel, to Assistant Principal 10-month pool
– Ms. Laura R. Silk to Assistant Principal 12-month Secondary (Middle School) pool
Received a presentation on the FY15 Capital Improvement Program.
Received the Superintendent’s Report, to include:
– Congratulated the HCPS Office of School Counseling on being selected by the US Department of Education (USDE). HCPS was chosen from over 200 applications and the grant will allow access to $382,037 for the 13-14 school year, $381,023 for 2014-15, and $381,78 for 2015-16. The grant will address mental health needs of students and increase student academic success and social competence by expanding counseling services at three elementary schools in the district. The project will use grant funds to provide expanded counseling services for students whose behaviors impede their achievement and to hire an additional school counselor to provide mental health services for over 1,600 students.
The next Board of Education business meeting will be held on Monday, September 9, at 6:30 p.m. All Board meetings are held at the A.A. Roberty Building in Bel Air. To access all future Board meeting dates, log onto the school system website at www.hcps.org.