A Bel Air home was damaged in a late Thursday night fire which was traced to a malfunction in a basement clothes dryer, fire officials said.
The fire was discovered in a basement laundry room by the occupant of a one-story home in the 100 block of South Shamrock Road in Bel Air shortly after 10:30 p.m. Thursday, according to a release from the Office of the State Fire Marshal. A total of 25 firefighters from the Bel Air, Fallston, and Abingdon fire companies responded and brought the blaze under control in about 20 minutes.
Investigators determined that the fire was accidental, and had been sparked by a malfunction with an electric clothes dryer. Damage to the home was estimated at $20,000, and damages to its contents were estimated at $10,000. The home’s occupants are being assisted by family.
Leave a Reply