From the Harford County Board of Education:
The Board of Education of Harford County met for an open business meeting at 6:30 p.m., on Monday, November 11, 2013, in the Board Room of the HCPS/A.A. Roberty Building and took the following actions and received the following presentations:
Observed a moment of silence to honor all current and former men and women in the military for their service to our country.
Approved the Consent Agenda:
– Minutes of Previous Board Meeting: October 28, 2013
– Award of Contract: Wi-Fi Network Infrastructure and Equipment – Edgewood Middle School
– Award of Contract: Wi-Fi Network Infrastructure and Equipment – Fallston Middle School
– Award of Contract: Social Studies and Science Resources for Middle and High Schools
Received a presentation on the proposed 2014-15 Academic Calendar. The decision will be held over for at least 30 days for public input. The calendar will come up again for a vote at the December 16, 2013, Board meeting.
Received a presentation regarding Achievement and Postsecondary Data.
Received a presentation on the Quarterly Financial Report for the period ending September 30, 2013.
Received the Superintendent’s Report:
– Concluded by thanking all veterans for all of their sacrifices that they and their families make for our freedom.
The next Board of Education business meeting which was scheduled to be held on Monday, November 25, has been cancelled to allow Board members and the community the opportunity to attend the County Executive’s budget meeting at Fallston High School at 6:00 p.m. The next Board of Education meeting will be held on Monday, December 9, 2013, at 5:30 p.m. All Board meetings are held at the A.A. Roberty Building in Bel Air. To access all future Board meeting dates, log onto the school system website at www.hcps.org.