A Havre de Grace duplex was heavily damaged in an accidental fire Saturday morning, fire officials said.
The fire was discovered by the owner of a home in the 100 block of Seneca Avenue in Havre de Grace at approximately 11:19 a.m. Saturday, according to a release by the Office of the State Fire Marshal. A total of 50 firefighters from the Susquehanna, Aberdeen, and Level fire companies responded and brought the blaze under control in about 30 minutes.
Investigators traced the fire to ordinary combustibles which were accidentally ignited by a gas furnace. Damage to the structure was estimated at $50,000, and damages to its contents were estimated at $10,000.
Leave a Reply