A Jarrettsville home sustained heavy damage following a fire which broke out in an attached two-car garage Thursday afternoon, fire officials said.
The fire was discovered at approximately 1:36 p.m. Wednesday by the owner of a home in the 4100 block of Madonna Road in Jarrettsville, according to a release from the Office of the State Fire Marshal. A total of 40 firefighters from the Jarrettsville, Bel Air, Fallston, Norrisville, Jacksonville, Hereford and Fawn Grove, Pa. fire companies brought the blaze under control in about 20 minutes.
The fire was traced to an electrical malfunction in wiring powering the garage, which contained two Harley Davidson motorcycles and a Ford Explorer, according to the State Fire Marshal’s Office. The majority of the fire was contained to the garage while the home sustained minor smoke and soot damage. Damage to the structure was estimated at $50,000, while damages to its contents were estimated at an additional $50,000.
Leave a Reply