A vehicle sustained several thousand dollars in damages following an accidental fire which broke out in Aberdeen late Thursday night, fire officials said.
According to a statement released by the Office of the State Fire Marshal, the fire was reported in a 1994 Ford Ranger parked in the 200 block of South Parke Street in Aberdeen just after 11:30 p.m. Thursday. Five firefighters from the Aberdeen Fire Department responded and brought the blaze under control in about five minutes.
Investigators traced the fire to an electrical malfunction in the vehicle’s glove box. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $5,000.
Leave a Reply