(Photo Credit/John E. Gallagher)
A Forest Hill home was heavily damaged in a late Saturday morning fire, the third major blaze in the county in a nine-hour period.
The fire was reported just before noon by the owner of a two-story home in the 500 block of Forest Valley Drive in Forest Hill, according to a release from the Office of the State Fire Marshal. The owner initially attempted to extinguish the flames with a portable extinguisher, according to the release, but the fire grew in intensity, forcing him to call 911. The owner and his dog escaped without injury.
A total of 50 firefighters from the Bel Air, Jarrettsville, Fallston, Darlington, and Jacksonville fire companies brought the fire under control in about 30 minutes. Investigators determined that the blaze began on the home’s rear sun porch due to an accidental electrical malfunction in the porch’s ceiling. Damage to the home was estimated at $60,000, while damages to its contents were estimated at $20,000. The owner is being assisted by the Red Cross.
just dropped in says
Wow, What planet are you from?? What does this have to do with this story?