A Bel Air home sustained major damage in an accidental fire which broke out Tuesday evening, fire officials said.
The blaze was discovered at approximately 7:30 p.m. in the basement of a home in the 1600 block of Redfield Road in Bel Air, according to a release from the Office of the State Fire Marshal. A total of 30 firefighters from the Bel Air, Abingdon, Fallston, and Level Volunteer Fire Companies brought the fire under control in about 45 minutes. According to the Harford County Volunteer Fire and EMS Association, the Harford County Hazmat Team also responded to assist firefighters due to extremely cold conditions.
Investigators determined the fire began after combustibles were accidentally left too close to a pellet stove. Damage to the home was estimated at $75,000, and damages to its contents were estimated at $25,000. No injuries were reported; a family of four was displaced according to the Volunteer Fire and EMS Association.
Leave a Reply