An electrical malfunction sparked a blaze which damaged a Whiteford home Tuesday morning, according to fire officials.
The fire was discovered in the basement of a home in the 1500 block of Main Street in Whiteford at approximately 9:12 a.m. Tuesday morning, according to a release from the Office of the State Fire Marshal. A total of 30 firefighters from the Whiteford, Jarrettsville, Darlington, Bel Air, Delta, Fawn Grove, and Airville fire companies responded and brought the fire under control in about 15 minutes.
The fire was contained to the home’s basement, with minor smoke damage throughout the structure, investigators said. Damage to the home was estimated at $25,000, while damages to its contents were estimated at $5,000.