From the Bel Air Independence Day Committee Inc.:
The Bel Air Independence Day Committee Inc., is looking for interested persons to be its “Miss Bel Air Independence Day” for the 2014 celebration, and the deadline for applicants to communicate their interest to the committee is THIS FRIDAY, Feb. 14.
Interested applicants should contact the committee via its website at: http://www.belairjuly4.org/innerpages/contactjoin.html.
The title holder will serve as hostess and participant in one of the region’s largest Fourth of July celebrations, taking place from dawn to night on Friday, July 4, 2014 and will also help promote the event in the weeks leading up to the event.
Events on Independence Day include the flag-raising at 6:45 a.m. in front of Bel Air High School, the traditional Pancake Breakfast, the various competitions during the day, including the traditional events, Uncle Sam Says, and the Watermelon Eating Contest. Finally, Miss Bel Air 2014 will lead the parade down Main Street in Bel Air at 6 p.m.
Miss Bel Air, representing Bel Air and the Bel Air Independence Day Committee, will compete for the title of Miss Maryland in late June, a part of the Miss America Pageant process.
To qualify for the position of MISS BEL AIR INDEPENDENCE DAY, an applicant must:
– Be a female at least 17 years old as of January 1, 2014, but no older than 24 by December 31, 2014.
– Be single and never have been married.
– Live, work full time, or attend school full time in Maryland. Residence in Bel Air, Maryland, is preferred but not mandatory.
– Be at least a high school senior as of the 2013-2014 academic year.
– Be a U.S. Citizen
– Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America Organization (q.v.).
– Should they be named Miss Bel Air Independence Day, be available to speak on behalf of the Bel Air Independence Day Committee to organizations such as the Harford County Council and the Town of Bel Air Commissioners.
– Should they be named Miss Bel Air Independence Day, agree to commit the entire day of July 4, 2014, in Bel Air, Maryland, carrying out the duties of the position.
– Should they be named Miss Bel Air Independence Day, agree to raise $250.00 for the Miss America National Platform: Children’s Miracle Network.
– Should they be named Miss Bel Air Independence Day, agree to attend the Miss Maryland Pageant orientation meeting on May 3, 2014, and compete for the title of Miss Maryland from June 15-21, 2014, in Hagerstown, Maryland.
– Agree to meet the time commitment and responsibilities as set forth by the Miss Maryland program should they win the title of Miss Maryland.
The position of Miss Bel Air is chosen via interview. The deadline for communicating interest to the Committee is Feb. 15, 2014; the deadline for submitting a resume to the committee is March 1, 2014. Interested applicants should contact the committee via its website at: http://www.belairjuly4.org/innerpages/contactjoin.html.
Interviews will be held in March. Miss Bel Air 2014 will be chosen no later than March 31, 2014.
luxury hotel in las vegas says
Ahaa, its nice discussion concerning this paragraph at
this place at this blog, I have read all that, so at
this time me also commenting at this place.