A firefighter suffered minor smoke inhalation and an Aberdeen home was severely damaged in an accidental two-alarm blaze Friday night.
The fire was reported by a passerby shortly after 10 p.m. Friday at a home in the 800 block of Chelsea Road in Aberdeen, according to a statement from the Office of the State Fire Marshal. A total of 50 firefighters from the Aberdeen, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Abingdon, Susquehanna, and Joppa-Magnolia fire companies responded and brought the blaze under control in about an hour.
One firefighter suffered minor smoke inhalation and was transported by ambulance to Upper Chesapeake Medical Center, according to the State Fire Marshal’s Office; the company to which the individual belongs and their current status were not available.
The fire was traced back to an electrical fault below the the floor of the home’s den, and was ruled accidental in nature. Damage to the home was estimated at $200,000, while damages to its contents were estimated at $50,000. The homeowners are being assisted by Harford County Disaster Assistance and the Red Cross.