A small shed sustained several hundred dollars in damage as a result of an accidental fire which broke out Saturday afternoon, fire officials said.
The fire broke out just before 3 p.m. in a 10-foot by 10-foot shed located on property in the 200 block of Hopewell Road in Churchville, the State Fire Marshal’s Office said in a release. A total of 10 firefighters from the Level Volunteer Fire Company responded and brought the blaze under control in approximately 20 minutes.
The cause of the fire was traced to a propane torch flame which ignited nearby combustibles. Damage to the shed was estimated at $100 and damages to its contents were estimated at $500.