From Harford County Public Schools:
Harford County Public Schools will bring the Youth’s Benefit Elementary School community together on Tuesday, October 21, 2014, to celebrate the start of construction on the new Youth’s Benefit Elementary building. Preliminary work on the $37,070,412 project began this summer, and the project is expected to be completed for the start of the 2017-18 school year. Facility information about the new school is highlighted below.
· Total Size of Site – 26.18 acres
· Size of Site Developed – 24.00 acres
· Size of Existing Facilities – 96,616 square feet
· Size of New Facility – 149,694 square feet
· Existing State Rated Capacity – 958
· Current Enrollment – 961
· New State Rated Capacity – 1,130
· Number of Parking Spaces at New Site – 310 Cars, 30 Buses
School system and County leadership, along with local community organizations and the project’s architect/engineer design team, will join Youth’s Benefit Elementary staff and students at the ceremonial event.