Photo courtesy of Bel Air Volunteer Fire Company
A pair of sheds sustained severe damage in a Tuesday afternoon fire which investigators determined was accidental.
The fire was reported by a neighbor at approximately 2:41 p.m. Tuesday in two wood-framed sheds behind a residence in the 1400 block of Prospect Mill Road in Bel Air, according to a release from the Office of the State Fire Marshal. A total of 30 firefighters from the Bel Air, Level, and Darlington volunteer fire companies responded and brought the fire under control in 20 minutes.
The fire was traced to an electrical malfunction. Damage to the structures was estimated at $10,000, and damages to their contents were estimated at an additional $10,000.