A medical building in Edgewood sustained minor damage in an accidental electrical fire Thursday morning, fire officials said.
The fire was reported by an employee shortly before 11 a.m. at the Harford County Ambulatory Surgery Center on Pulaski Highway in Edgewood, according to a release from the Office of the State Fire Marshal. A total of 25 firefighters from the Joppa-Magnolia, Abingdon, Aberdeen Proving Ground and Kingsville fire companies, along with the Harford County Hazmat Team, responded and brought the fire under control in approximately 25 minutes. Harford County Building Inspectors and representatives of the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene also responded to the scene.
Investigators traced the fire back to an electrical failure in a bathroom ceiling fan, according to the State Fire Marshal’s Office. Damage to the structure was estimated at $5,000, while damages to its contents were estimated at an additional $5,000.