(Photo courtesy Bel Air Volunteer Fire Company)
A fire which broke out in a Churchville home early Tuesday morning sent one man to a local hospital suffering from smoke inhalation, fire officials said.
The fire was reported at approximately 3:22 a.m. in the basement of a two-story home in the 3000 block of Whitefield Road in Churchville, according to a statement from the Office of the State Fire Marshal. A total of 25 firefighters from the Level and Bel Air volunteer fire companies brought the fire under control in about 20 minutes.
One man present at the time of the fire was taken to University of Maryland Harford Memorial Hospital in Havre de Grace with smoke inhalation; the two other occupants of the home refused care at the scene. The home’s owner and occupants were being assisted by the Harford County Disaster Assistance team and the Red Cross.
The fire was traced to accidentally discarded smoking materials, the State Fire Marshal’s Office said. Damage to the home was estimated at $100,000, while damages to its contents were estimated at $50,000.
Leave a Reply