From Harford County Public Schools:
March 10, 2015
The Board of Education of Harford County met for an open business meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the Board Room of the A. A. Roberty Building and took the following actions and received the following presentations:
Recognition: 2015-16 HCPS Teacher of the Year Finalists
– Jessica Kirk, parent from Bel Air Elementary School with comments about buses, walkers and students riding bikes to school.
– Kim Mayforth, Educator in Infants and Toddlers program
– Tami Cullo, Educator in Infants and Toddlers program
– Colleen Lawrence and Meredith Parkinson, Church Creek Elementary School students participated in an Art Show at the Aberdeen Library
– Consent Agenda:
– Minutes of previous Board Meeting
– Action Item:
– APPROVED Decision on Appointments and Promotions, by Ms. Jean Mantegna
– APPROVED Decision on Contract for Dublin Elementary School HVAC Renovation, by Mr. Cornell Brown and Mr. Chris Morton
– APPROVED Decision on Contract for Real Time Energy Management Platform, by Mr. Cornell Brown and Mrs. Patti Jo Beard
– APPROVED Decision and Recommendations on HCPS Board Policies, by Patrick P. Spicer, Esq.
– Congratulations to Fountain Green Elementary School for earning the Blue Ribbon School Award.
The next Board of Education business meeting will be held Monday, March 23, 2015 at 7:30pm. All Board meetings are held in the A. A. Roberty Building. To access all future meeting dates and agendas, log onto the school system website at www.hcps.org.