A man sustained severe burns to both hands after accidentally falling into a fire pit at an Abingdon residence early Saturday morning, fire officials said.
The injury occurred at approximately 2:14 a.m. Saturday in the 3100 block of Thornapple Court in Abingdon, according to a release from the Office of the State Fire Marshal. 32-year-old Jack Chaney II accidentally fell into a fire pit the home’s backyard, sustaining second- and third-degree burns to both hands.
Chaney was transported by Abingdon Volunteer Fire Company EMS to Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center for treatment, the State Fire Marshal’s Office said.
I’m sure no alcohol was involved..
Miss Gulch says
My prayers are with this man regardless. Burns to any part of the body are bad but burns to the hands are especially devastating.
Hedley Lamarr says
Maybe he was trying to do a fire walk but was showing off by walking on his hands. Did he have burns to his head?
Harford Resident says
“Accidentally” fell into a fire pit at 2:00 am?? A few too many jello shots or what?
Chair balancing says
Everything about British history, culture and traditions can be known in a visit to various museums like The
Bank of England Museum, Guards, British Museum, fashion and textile etc.
With the ladder hitting the wall if you fall forwards, this also means that there is less chance of trapping your fingers
under the ladder. Capture the magic, glitz and glamour of cabaret with
pearls, feathers and twinkling lights.