From the Humane Society of Harford County:
The construction of our new shelter is kicking into high gear!
With much of the exterior already erected, the construction crew will soon start working on the sewer and septic lines for the new shelter. Furthermore, the contractors have been approved to work on Saturdays and Sundays, which will speed things along. Because of this, we are very excited to announce that the current move-in date is November 19, 2015 and the current completion date is December 25, 2015.
What a stellar gift for the holidays this new shelter will be!
A recap of what the new shelter will include:
– A total of 19,100 sq. ft.
– Interview/Get Acquainted Rooms
– Administration Offices/Shelter/Small Critters/Storage all in one building
– Less cross contamination (100% fresh air intake for animal areas and the ability to keep sick animal separate from other animals and the public)
– A total of 44 new kennels for the pups
– A total of 42 new kennels for the cats
– A cat community room & outdoor catio
There’s so much to be excited about with this new shelter. Click here to learn about ways you can contribute. From naming opportunities, Leaves of Love, to our Plaque of Hope – there are so many ways to give!