A cigar humidor containing more than 2,000 cigars was among the property lost when fire destroyed an outdoor shed in Pylesville on Wednesday evening.
Just before 6 p.m. on Wednesday, emergency personnel were dispatched to the 4000 block of Heaps School Road in Pylesville after the report of an outdoor shed fire. The owner of the home was asleep and awoke to small explosions. Upon checking the source, he observed his shed on fire. The 24′ x 32′ shed was mainly used for recreational purposes and was equally divided for both a TV/recreational room and wood shop.
Fifty firefighters from the Whiteford Volunteer Fire Company responded to the single-alarm blaze and had it under control within 20 minutes, but not before the shed and all its contents were considered a total loss. The Office of the State Fire Marshal estimated $25,000 in damage to the structure and another $25,000 in damage to the shed’s contents.
No injuries were reported and the cause of the fire, which was discovered in the interior of the shed by the homeowner, remains under investigation.