From Friends of Harford:
Friends of Harford thought you should know……In addition to Bill 16-016
– Letters from State agencies and entities commenting on the plan can be found at http://www.harfordcountymd.gov/DocumentCenter/Home/View/6374. These include comments quoted earlier from the MD Department of Planning as well as critiques from various state agencies.
– Letters received from organizations may be found at http://www.harfordcountymd.gov/DocumentCenter/Home/View/6373
– A log of emails received can be found at http://www.harfordcountymd.gov/DocumentCenter/Home/View/6368
– And comments noted by P&Z can be read at http://www.harfordcountymd.gov/DocumentCenter/Home/View/6366
Planning & Zoning’s changes to the draft plan are found at http://www.harfordcountymd.gov/DocumentCenter/Home/View/6369
We find that very little attention was paid to the majority of these written and verbal suggestions made by the public. We urge County Council members as well as the public read these to be fully informed.
Below find the Harford County Auditor’s Report on HarfordNEXT which is available http://md-harfordcounty.civicplus.com/1549/Current-Bills-and-Resolutions. bottom blue box.
Harford County’ Master Plan addresses various aspects of development and preservation within the County; it was written in 2012. This bill updates the County Code to reflect the proposed new version of the Master Plan, titled HarfordNEXT.
In accordance with §1 6 of the County Code, the County Council has requested a fiscal impact note for zoning matters from the Director of Planning and Zoning. Accordingly, we have not determined the fiscal impact to this legislation.
Planning and Zoning should be able to provide more details regarding:
– Anticipated zoning code changes to effect growth with purpose (Goals GWP 1.1 and GWP 1.2
– Infrastructure expansion such as emergency services, road and parks (Goal GWP 2.2)
– Cost of priority projects and programs future budgets (Goals GWP 5.2 and MC 1.4)
– Changes to the Development Envelope
– Maintaining properties for future development (Goal EV 1.4)
– Promoting a skilled workforce (Goal EV 3.1)
– Expanding government and private land trusts (Goal POH 2.1, CPA 5.5, PPA 1.1)
– Expansion of water and sewer service areas (Goals CPA 3.5 CPA 5.9, CPA 6.9)
– Additional properties eligible for tax credits and easement purchases when expanding the Priority Preservation Area (Goal CPA 7.13)
Fiscal Note History: Version 01 based on bill as of 05/03/2016.
Fiscal Analysis was prepared by Chrystal Brooks, County Auditor.
Inquiries may be directed to (410)638 3161.
Speak and Give Your Comments on Bill 16-016
Friends of Harford wants you to know that to be able to speak and give your comments on Bill 16-016 at the public hearing on June 7th at 6:00 pm, at 212 S. Bond Street in Bel Air, you must first sign up in the following manner.
You may may sign up in advance until 5 p.m. on the day of the scheduled public hearing by completing the
– Public-Hearing-Registration, OR
– by emailing the Council Office email@example.com, or
– by calling (410) 638-3343, or
– There will also be a sign up sheet available starting at 5:30 in the Council Chamber foyer. The signup sheet will be pulled at 6:00 PM at the start of the Public Hearing.
You may also email, mail or call with your comments. We urge you to join the discussion.