From Healthy Harford Day:
WHAT: Healthy Harford, a coalition of local government agencies, businesses, non profits, and citizens dedicated to improving the health of Harford County residents, will once again host Healthy Harford Day at the Bel Air Farmers’ Market. The annual event is designed to raise awareness about Healthy Harford’s mission, as well as services, policies, and programs in the community to help residents get and stay healthy.
Healthy Harford Day will offer a full schedule of free classes and events emceed by radio personality Tracy Hart from WAMD 970, plus giveaways and prizes. Vendors and activities for the whole family include:
· Free exercise and boot camp circuit classes provided by The Arena Club, Zumba Fitness and the Y of Maryland
· Free Body Fat analysis and blood pressure screening by Upper Chesapeake HealthLink.
· Free walk/gait analysis by Charm City Run
· Free bicycle helmets and fittings provided by Healthy Harford and the Greg Krause Helmet Foundation.
· Appearance by a player from the Baltimore Blast.
· Information from Harford County Planning and Zoning on the county’s Bike and Pedestrian Master Plan
· Information from Healthy Harford on the new Healthy Restaurant Designation Program
· Children’s activities, including a bounce house, face painting and accuracy goal
· For more information on additional Healthy Harford Day vendors and activities, please visit www.healthyharford.org or the event Facebook page.
WHO: Healthy Harford
WHERE: Bel Air Farmer’s Market, 2 S. Bond Street, Bel Air, MD 21014
WHEN: Saturday, September 28, from 8:00 to 11:00 a.m.
Healthy Harford Day Schedule:
· 8:00 a.m. Welcome
· 8:10 a.m. Cooking Demonstration
· 8:30 a.m. Zumba Class with Y of Maryland
· 9:00 a.m. Tabata Class with The Arena Club
· 9:30 a.m. CRX with The Arena Club
· 9:50 a.m. Proclamations
· 10:00 a.m. Zumba with Zumba Fitness
· Ongoing activities include: Helix machine, boot camp circuit, chair massages, and more